South east end of West Princes Street Gardens the Royal Scots
Memorial, created by Frank Mears and Partners and C. D'Orville
Pilkington Jackson, is an enclosure of semicircular of rectangular
standing stones depicting the history of the regiment.
central stone is inscribed with names of the campaigns in
which the Regiment took part and a central bronze plaque
shows the insignia of George VI.
memorial was unveiled on 5th August 1952 by HRH Princess
Mary, the Cononel in Chief. The final stone was unveiled
on 9th of May 2007 by HRH Princess Ann to comemorate the
end of the Regiment.